Monday, October 20, 2008

My Binge

I am usually so good at resisting the temptation lately of spending money on myself. Cute T-shirt, nah. New necklace, I can live without it. No problem. Well...I cracked. I stopped at Down East Basics in South Towne Mall on Saturday, in searches of a certain black dress. I wanted to try it on, just to prove to myself how good I was at resisting, and to prove the fact, I didn't need the dress...even though I have yet in my life to ever own a "little black dress."


Success! It fit horribly! I looked as wide as a bus, not to mention totally pregnant. Wow that would be awkward...so I decided to try another style, in black. I wasn't totally crazy about the design....until I tried it on. Blast! Oh it fits so perfect and I look skinny! Oh my gosh! Now what? Hmm...well, I debated for a few minutes, carrying the dress and wand
ering the store. I was examining a denim dress that looked cute on the hanger, but...hmm...I'm curious. You'll never guess what happened next. Perfect!! Man I'm in so much trouble. So I ended up buying two dresses. Hey, I have to wear a skirt everyday to work. I think I deserve it. Next time I go shopping I'm bringing $20 cash and leaving my cards home. But they're oh so CUTE!!! Being a girl is so fun sometimes. :)

See!! Do you blame me? I know, I know...stop trying to convince myself.

No comments: