Friday, January 23, 2009

Color Me Addicted!

I thought ceramics class was over after High School...wow I was wrong! My friend Kate told be about a place where you can paint ceramics and they fire them there. I thought I would take my mom and try it out. Not only was it fun, we were both totally addicted on the first visit. The one on Foothill seems to be the quietest place to paint. We soon found out there are four stores in the Wasatch Front. That is sooo dangerous! We've been to all of them, picking up pieces that are unique to that store. This is going to be one expensive hobby, I can tell. I'm ok with that though, because my mom and I don't really have many hobbies that we share. We found one here and the time I get to spend with her in having this much fun is a total investment. Here are a few of my projects.


2 comments:

Kate Nally said...

They're all so beautiful!!! I think the red and black set looks AMAZING!!!!!! We'll definitely have to go sometime soon...or at least in April when Tim leaves :)

Janelle said...

Those are awesome! My old boyfriend from high school, Justin Mangone's Mom had a ceramic shop in her house! I used to do ceramics all the time. She had a kiln and would fire the ceramics there as well. If you ever want to check it out, it is a very quiet place to work in Taylorsville off of 2200 West!