Monday, June 1, 2009

The Ups and Downs....Elevators part 2

I love elevators. They help me conserve my dwindling knee cartilage. Stairs are wonderful for marathoners. I'm not a wuss, I will race anyone up the stairs at any time...my knees just tell me to save that for a rainy day...

Here are the downs...just a few words about ettiquette, common sense if you will. It seems appropriate to me that one boarding the elevator should wait for those who are exiting. It makes sense, just like you'd wait for someone to get out of the seat at an amusement park before you board their seat. What's funny, is when you are trying to exit and someone is boarding oblivious to your presence and then glare like it's your problem. Learn to wait.

Another gripe that's been a long time in coming...we have quite a large parking structure I park in and the elevators are slower than molasses(as my grandma would say). This causes quite the line by the elevators. I am all for respecting my elders and would like to be courteous in every way, but....(bless their hearts) there is a plethora of seniors where I work who without fail will cut around the 20 foot line of people at the elevator and cruise up to the front. Remind me that when I'm old, I can forget my manners....if someone is having trouble walking, sure. Totally understandable. Down right impatient, no excuse. C'mon people. Back to respecting elders...in this line, if there was a debate in that line by the elder on who was oldest...or more debilitated....there would be a serious blood bath. There really are that many here.

Sigh....that's been a while in coming. I don't mean to be rude, I'm just all for common sense and manners.

No comments: