I got lucky...seriously. So I bought the Salt Lake County "Pass of All Passes" a couple months ago. $40 bought you tickets to quite a few events (Blaze, Real, Grizzlies). The only trick is that you have to get the tickets the day of the event. The Rio Tinto Box Office opens at 10 and I thought maybe, 20 minutes early, no problem I'll just get in line. I got there to see about 300 people in line. Man, I hope there's enough tickets. So I'm talking to a girl there my age, right in front of me. She seems nice, and we had an interesting conversation. So she said she hopes people don't get frustrated about the lines. I asked her what she meant, I mean, of course it's a line, but they probably didn't expect this turnout. She then said she hoped people wouldn't get all angry if people jump line. I told her as long as nobody jumps, there isn't anything to worry about. So we're in line and she's calling her friend saying things like, "Oh I'm on the south end of the line. Yeah right here." This chick with a stroller butts in front of me to be with her friend. Um...hypocrite? The visitor pulls out ALL FOUR OF HER PASSES she needs to get tickets with. I looked down at her passes and looked up at the girl who was in line first with kind of a "huh?" Look. Alright it may have been a WTF look...but not too mean. I tried to be nice. SOOOO (this all ties in...even with a moral to the story) I get up to the window and the cashier tells me he thinks I just got the last two seats together in the stadium, which I was grateful for and I thanked him. On the way out I passed the girls and I wasn't snotty at all, more a voice of relief, but said, "Today's my lucky day! He says I got the last two seats together in the stadium! Sweet, huh! Nice to meet you!" I promise I tried not to be snotty and the first girl just said, "Oh...wow." With a look like 'I just about messed over this girl's chance at getting tickets.' That's really all I was looking for. I'm kinda mean, huh...but she's the one who said stuff about line jumpers...nice girl, probably got forced into it. Anyway... I didn't make a huge deal about it. And I think I was really, really, REALLY blessed for it. Check this out: We found the perfect parking spot next to all the tailgaters (a bunch of hispanics who play drums during the WHOLE GAME). How can they do that? Well...most of them were drunk...highly entertaining though...

When I got home I checked out our tickets and saw "ADA1." I thought that was interesting...so I looked it up online. From what I could see, it looked like they were in front. I was right.
That's the concrete barrier between us and the field. Um...how the? What the? Couldn't believe it. I was madly posting to fb and taking pictures and then it just got better.
Two words: DAVID BECKHAM
He and his team were warming up right in front of us. There is no zoom in the next couple pictures. They really were that close. I had texts coming in to tell David Beckham that they love him. Oh, trust me, my camera did quite enough lovin' for all of them.
And there he is again. The best soccer player in history. WOW.
And again. I have to apologize to and thank the guy in front at the same time. I totally was focusing on Beckham. Oops.
Then I got Jimmered. I didn't catch it the first time, but that is Jimmer Fredette.
David Beckham. Again.
This time I was ready. I actually got to shout out a "thank you" to Jimmer.
The other David of the night. Eat your heart out, Beckham. :)
I'm just happy to be there. Sappy grin and all. Just pleased as punch...happy as a clam...tickled pink. You get the picture. Notice the matching hats?
Goooooooaaaaaaaaaalllll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Corner kick! It's a little blurry...sorry.
There are the crazy, drunk and sometimes shirtless people who played the WHOLE GAME. It added to the ambiance, so I can't complain. :)
And yet another GOOOOOOAAAAAAALLLLLLLL!!!!
Nothing makes me happer than furry biceps. Nice.
Another corner kick, this time by...you guessed it.
My dream job. Minus the rain.
Seriously, I can't even think of a game more jam packed than this one. I haven't been that excited about something for a while. Seriously amazing. Lucky us. :)
4 comments:
Looks fun! I wish we could've enjoyed the hispanic party with you:)
So, SO, SOOO much fun!!! You make me feel like I was there enjoying it all from the FRONT ROW ... WOOT, WOOT!!!
That is so awesome!!
I love it!! I love that you told that girl off, (in a nice and non snotty way of course) I'm sure she felt like a real jerk after that!! Ha ha!! (I'm mean too!)
Post a Comment