Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Resolution and Resolve

Ok...so the standard New Year's Resolution is losing weight of course...always such a daunting, discouraging undertaking. I am trying a different twist on this goal. Rather than pin it down to a number, I decided to change my body....hopefully for good.

My family loves to eat. That's how I've grown up and how I've learned. Everyone knows how food feeds us mentally. There are those comfort foods that make us feel better and get the dopamine pumping...ice cream, pizza, you know.

There was an article in the Deseret News recently on treating food as fuel rather than a reward or something to pass the time. Questions like "does my body really need this" helped me in the past week to eat healthy and more natural. To keep things balanced, I am also spending a day every other week turning off that mentality and eating outside the "healthy box." Its working so far. I am also remembering how much better I feel when I work out. Hopefully I can keep this up!

1 comment:

Janelle said...

I have had those same thoughts. One week on, one week off. It sure is a daunting task to eat well and exercise though. I've kept it up from the middle of January until now but my willpower has sure gone down!

Katie (from high school) and I are both still trying to encourage each other in our journeys. You should check out our blogs!