Sunday, May 30, 2010

Spring Adventures

Its finally warming up! Its about time, too. I've had it with this Seattle weather! My first Spring Adventure was at Thanksgiving Point. We went to the tulip festival and saw the beautiful grounds. I've never been on the grounds before, so I was like a little kid exploring things. I only posted a few pics, not to bore you. :) Oh yeah...and Thanksgiving Point has nothing on Temple Square. I'm a bit biased. :)

The architecture in this place is amazing! I don't know why I'm so fascinated with this kind of stuff. One fun thing was to try to avoid all the brides getting their pics taken. There was one photographer that paraded his entire party in front of my shot when I had it in focus. That's really bad etiquette, just so you know. I kinda wanted to photo stalk them the rest of the time, but I decided to refrain and keep on being passive aggressive...

We made it to the center of the gardens! The design on this place is phenomenal!


And then there are the little things...so pretty!



Ok. So the picture above was taken at Jason's Deli, which I might be in love with. Not only is their food delicious and somewhat healthy (I do NOT say that it's low calorie by any means) but they have FREE, I repeat, FREE soft-serve yogurt. We had a contest to see who could make the best cone. I think its safe to say that I won the competition. ;) Oh yeah...mine is the one on the right that looks like I'm a pro. No I did not work at Arctic Circle in High School. No really, I didn't!




Sushi Night! Oh it's so long overdue! We went to Mikado and enjoyed their sushi specials on Tuesday nights. The Connect Roll and the Salmon Crunch Roll are to die for! And no...we didn't die. Perfectly healthy...you sushi chickens. Just try it. You'll love it.

Oh yeah. And above, there's Andrea licking the sauce off the plate. I told you it was delicious. :)

We also went to the Living Planet Aquarium and saw some of the craziest things ever. I pet a Sting Ray. No joke. It scared the crap out of me...and I want to do it again. :)









And more Temple Square...I'm sorry...even though I work there, I can't get enough of it!!!



We had a cake decorating contest for FHE (nice work, Morgan). We decided to make a BYU/Utah Stadium. I neglected to show the Utah side for various reasons. :) Then, we stuffed our faces.


2 comments:

Morgan said...

Love this! I am so glad I found your blog! :)

Michelle said...

He he he! Hopefully there will be more fun to come, rather than El Sucko like it's been in the past! I'm glad I found yours as well! :D