I am just finding out how time consuming photography is...and also how rewarding. My editing skills need a lot of sharpening and there's always room to improve my shooting.
I had the chance to do a little photo shoot for my co-worker who just became a proud first-time daddy. He and his wife wanted me to take a few pics so I gathered up my portable studio, lots of headbands and flowers and a couple homemade tutus and went over to their place for some fun.
After lots of crying (baby, of course) and waiting and then, finally a little calm, we took about 150 shots.
Lesson #1: You probably shouldn't shoot until your heart is content, because...
Lesson #2: You have to edit what you shoot.
Lesson #3: Editing takes far longer than I anticipated...especially for a perfectionist. Time to get this thing down to a workflow.
Lesson #4: Happy parents make it all worth it.
Seriously, I had so much fun and I think this sweet little newborn's parents had a good time to. I couldn't have done this for nicer people and even though I have lessons to learn, I enjoyed every minute.
Let the fun begin.
I also submitted my business name to the State. They are making sure there isn't another _________ __________ Photography out there somewhere. I'm not giving it away until it's for sure! Then it's time to work on a logo...another BLOG (yes, another one with pics) and much, much more work and studying before I shoot bridals and a wedding in April/May.
Oh and sorry...can't post the baby pics yet. The parents need to see all of them before I post. :)
1 comment:
How FUN!! I can't wait to see the pics!!!!
Post a Comment