You remember that movie...yeah...the one where the excited, young Elder finds out where he's going on his mission and to our shock, he's ecstatic to go to...yep, Boise, Idaho. Well, that's just where me and Heidi went a couple weeks ago to deliver a sparkling new car to the mission home and bring back their...well...here goes.
Such a scenic morning on the way up. Gotta love the countryside. No, really. I do like it. This was just the break I needed. A nice, peaceful drive.
This is the beautiful, new Subaru we brought up...well, except for the lack of carwashes up there. This car will probably be trashed in the next few months. Sniffle sniffle. Really, most missionaries are decent drivers.
Proof we were actually there. A nice Elder shared one of the homemade cookies sent up from home in AZ.
Then we hit the mall. The mall. Yes, the only legit mall in Boise, even though they claim to have more than one, This chair was inside Macy's and I think it's about the coolest one ever made.
Amazing.
Even though we now have a Sephora in Utah, Heidi had to stop by her first love in Boise. I'd never been there, and I think it should have stayed that way. That store is incredible. I have trouble when I have too many choices though. Overload. Speaking over overload...
...we had lunch at the Great and Spacious Restaurant (a.k.a. The Cheesecake Factory). We had a sandwich...
...and this AMAZING piece of cheesecake. Pardon the crappy camera...
I have NEVER seen so much BLUE and ORANGE in my entire life. That place is Boise State Country. EVERYONE there wears it. Heidi and I were true to our roots. I thought it would be entertaining to try owling in their designated BLUE and ORANGE store. That's the name of the store...do you think they're inferring that country folk know colors but don't know how to read?? Anyway, the store was jam packed and this is the closest I got.
This is the over the back shot as I was leaving. We survived drowning in the sea of shouldn't-be complimentary colors. Seriously. What about blue and orange is complimentary. Gross.
I. Love. Their. Stuff. We don't have a Life is Good store in Utah and this one is the first I'd seen. Their stuff is outrageously unaffordable but it doesn't hurt to look, right?
Peace.
Again, my apologies for the relatively crappy camera. And the relatively crappy cutout that Heidi pays tribute to so well. While taking the pic, we tried to avoid some 12 year old fans of his...
This gas station is called the Garden of Eden. It's in the middle of NOWHERE. It comes complete with a garden in the middle and a snake in the tree. It has red eyes. You really must stop there.
This was my favorite part of the trip. There was 13 MILES of road construction. Together. Consecutive 55 mph with a semi climbing up my tailpipe.
And we survived! We had a check engine light, a near death experience when some bonehead stopped in the middle of traffic to gawk at an accident along the side, but it was good times with a good friend.
One more thing. Our soundtrack included:
John Michael Montgomery
Boyz 2 Men
The Little Mermaid Soundtrack
U2
Brian Regan
Evan & Jaron
with special guest Paula Abdul
:)














2 comments:
You are such a witty writer! Very cute and clever post ;)
Ha ha thank you! :)
Post a Comment