Thursday, February 16, 2012

Minuet No 2 Can Eat It!

So I've been playing the violin for 6 months now. I love playing but about a month ago things were really frustrating. It all started with Minuet No 2 by Bach. I couldn't get past it. So...we did a rewind. I guess I got so excited about moving on that I missed some skills I should have had. Well...today we finally turned the page to the next song. Its not perfect, but it passes. YAY! Take that! I'm almost done with Suzuki Book One.

Also I have found that I improve faster if I play the soprano line in the Hymn book. I started this because I have a little 93 year old grandma who has dementia and doesn't have a whole lot to say...except for reciting poetry and singing along with hymns. Yep. I start playing the song and she sings one or two verses. Incredible. This little relationship with my grandma is awesome. :) 

I'm really liking this. It was frustrating for quite a while but its getting better and a lot more fun. 

No comments: