Oh how I love this place. Moab. So amazing. I loved this trip because it's the first one I didn't have to plan. I got invited, brought a few things and showed up. It was so WEIRD! I felt a little lost for a but but that quickly turned to "wow, this is awesome!"
We got there a little late on Wednesday night and spent some time scanning the BLMs for an empty camping spot. No such luck, but we did find a spot at Slickrock for the night.
So...there was this cat hanging around our camp. My little joke is that my late kitty Sneakers wanted to make sure I was watched over so she had a friend take over guard duty. If you don't understand this or if you think I'm a moron, you may not be a cat person.
We went hiking in Devil's Garden and caught a few cool shots. The flowers were out and they were so pretty!
This is usually the view I see when I'm hiking. Not because I'm lazy but because I'm the one always stopping to take pictures. I'm so annoying like that. Then I run and catch up. :)
Working on my Chacos tan.
Goober shot.
MORE Goober.
Ugh. Pay no attention to the girl, just the reflection in the glasses. It's amazing!
Squirrel!
High aperture is my friend!
Storytime. This is us at Pasta Jay's, a very lovely pasta/pizza place. I had a migraine most of dinner so that's my empty Mtn Dew cup. I had about 3 and it didn't go away until I had a nap.
Is he showing off his farmers tan or his biceps?
Ok. Sooo the guys are looking at the menu and there's a pizza called "Jay's Roman Orgy." I kid you not. So of course, being guys, that's the pizza for them. I hope it was good for them. SO many jokes ensued. I will spare you.
My dinner. Chicken, artichokes, basil, tomato cream sauce, fettucini...amazing.
Fire! That's the beauty of the BLM site we scooped up the next morning.
Yes, pink. I am a Prissy Granola. :)
This is the guys tent. The Great and Spacious Tent.
Ah, home. :)
Story time. These pictures don't tell any part of the story because I wanted to save my camera from any undue abuse. We went rafting. Oh yes. Red River Adventures does an amazing job. Their rafting guide...well...let me set the scene. They towed the raft down on a trailer to the river bank and we were waiting for a youth group to get into the river. While we waited in our sexy, chestesses squishing life jackets (it was NOT pleasant) there was one of the kids that jogged past and looked at us. My thought is that since he was quite ripped he wanted to see which one of us was checking him out. I try as often as I can to look the other way and deny them the satisfaction. I was relaying my philosophy quietly to one of my friends when our guide stands on top of the raft and conspicuously strips off his shirt. Ok he was hot but my brief glance was directed more toward the placement of two lightning bolt tattoos peaking out above his shorts. I mean, you could barely see the tops of the lightning bolts. Are you serious? Another curious tat was a chemical formula on his arm. He said it was his metachlorian count from Star Wars, but I like to think it was the formula for THC, the addictive chemical in weed.
Anyway...as we "made rafting" we found that our Johnny Depp look alike river guide had a fetish with Star Wars and Pirates. His name is Morgan...that would be Captain Morgan? Bahahahahaha! Anyway he was quite hilarious, and has a girlfriend in Costa Rica that doesn't speak English. Shocker. He was good at his job though.
We stopped at Lunch Beach and he pulls out a table and proceeds to chop avocado and onions and tomatoes and pulls out everything but the kitchen sink (hand sanitizer was present) to make amazing wraps. Ok that was kinda hot. It was really good! I actually bought the stuff to make the wraps at home. I am NOT putting the recipe on here because I know some nice person will pin it, along with the rest of my post. :)
Anyway, good ride, funny guide. End of story.
Negro Bill. That's an interesting name for a hike, but here it is. Absolutely beautiful.
Morning Glory Bridge
And the traditional shot at Delicate Arch.
Other fun tidbits include the fact that we watched movies both ways, the Maverick in Moab is the hottest place in town and my favorite quote from Captain Morgan after he took off his shirt:
"Sun's out, guns out."
Awesome trip. My hair smelled like campfire for a week. :)
































No comments:
Post a Comment