It seems I accumulate a new hobby each year, and they're not the cheapest. This is the latest. So I know I can't run or my knee replacements will come sooner than somewhat expected (I've already had three knee surgeries). Biking it is. :)
Going to the gym for me has never been easy. I have to get ready...then go to the gym...then work out...then come home and change back...it's far too time consuming. By the time I'm there I could have gotten a decent workout on a bike. Ok maybe a warmup. Anyway...
I'm committed. Salt Lake Century next year and Lotoja the next.
Here it is! Tada! Isn't it pretty?
It's been 10+ years since I've ridden a bike. At least I'll look like a moron in Style. :) |
Form meets function with the Raleigh Capri 2.0. Ride in style and affirm your girliness and leave your competition in the dust. Sporting pink, wrapped handlebars and Shimano Sora derailures.
I should work in marketing. In short, it's hot, it's fast (as soon as I'm fast) and it's MINE. ;)
This jersey is amazing. It has dots. And it's girly. No pink...bummer...but STILL amazing!
Pink on my shoes...for when I'm coordinated enough to get clips. Yessssss.
"Knickers." With this thing called a "chamois" in the butt to make for a cushy ride. Why don't you just pad up the seat rather than put what seems like a ginormous feminine product in the crotch?? Oh well. Something I may learn to appreciate as I ride. :) They're cute...for bike shorts.
Oh yeah, and more PINK!
Here's the plan:
-Buy a trainer (a machine that creates resistance so you can "ride" indoors) so I can actually learn to balance and shift without the neighbors laughing.
-Buy a helmet once I am cleared for take off. You were waiting for me to mention a helmet. ;) I'm not a complete idiot.
-My car should probably be equipped to carry this awesome little thing. That will happen later, courtesy of Thule.
-Ride like crazy and make helping others get fit my new project, thus helping me get fit. :)
-Enter races. Yes. That will happen.
So excited...and a little scared. Didn't Eleanor Roosevelt say something about doing something each day that scares you? This will make for many days of fear and hopefully a big payoff. :)
Yay. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment