Thursday, January 13, 2011

Double Trouble Baby Shower

Two..two...two due dates in one! Actually they are one day apart. My coworkers Matt and Sam's wives are due with little girls any day now, so we (I) decided to throw them a man-shower. I didn't post pics because of work rules, but I will tell you all about it.

The decorations: Blue, yellow and a pink mobile.

The plates etc: Spiderman plates, Batman napkins and bright green forks.

The game: Yes, we did have a game. I put 5 flavors of baby food in plastic cups, labeled with a number. Each person had to sample with Tostitos Scoops and record what they thought it was. The highest number of correct answers got a Lego playset: A smartcar with a little figurine. The reactions were hilarious! Some of the mechanics all out refused. Wusses! Sam won that one and I had an extra one for Matt. It was fun to watch them for the next 15 minutes playing with their Legos. Oh, and the flavors were: Green beans, Pears, Sweet potatoes, Peaches (actually yummy) and the nastiest of nasty, Mac n Cheese.

The treat: Chocolate cake from Costco. I called it "man cake."

The gift: Lots of binkies for some peace and quiet.

It was priceless.

No comments: