Sunday, June 13, 2010

The Perfect Storm

I know, I know. The title is somewhat deceiving. This started out as the perfect, sunny day in the backyard. My little project during the past couple weeks was to put down a small pad of pavers in the backyard and put together a firebowl so we can roast hotdogs, marshmallows, maybe a couple of Starbursts. Yummy! We got things out and finally got a fire started and the hot dogs roasting (see all the manly men around the fire, roasting their latest kill)...


Then it started to rain. See the lonely fire, all by itself. All the chairs and table were taken away and now our somewhat decent fire is getting dowsed.



And here's the silver lining. The storm rolled in fast and displayed some of the most dramatic clouds I have ever seen. I'm just glad I had my camera. We gathered under a tree in our front yard (it's not very tall...I promise we're smarter than to stand under a tall tree) and watched the spectacular storm. Lightning, thunder and all sorts of craziness.

Yes, that is a cloud. Isn't it amazing?




Here's the icing on the cake. We saw a rainbow in these crazy, dark clouds. At first it was one, and then it blossomed into two. It was all-out trippy to see it turn into a triple rainbow. I couldn't believe how amazing it was!

Even though our party got rained out, We were dazzled by Mother Nature's creation. It was pretty exciting. I think it's just a little reminder from up above that Heavenly Father can turn seemingly crummy circumstances into something so delightful! We just need the right attitude. :)




No comments: